The hospital provides care for about 2,000 women giving birth each year. It has comprehensive facilities but it does not have an Accident & Emergency department and you should therefore contact your local GP or NHS hospital in case of medical complications.
The Portland Hospital has the following 24h facilities:
- A special care baby unit which can treat babies of more than 30 weeks for singleton babies and more than 32 weeks for twins.
- A resident medical officer paediatric (neonate)
- A resident medical officer in obstetrics
- A resident consultant obstetric anesthetist
- A maternal high dependency unit
- Nursery facilities to allow mothers to rest while their babies are looked after.
The Portland Hospital is therefore a good choice for women who need the reassurance of full medical back-up. The Portland Hospital has full facilities for paediatric and gynaecology surgical procedures.
The Portland Hospital provides a high standard of accommodation and catering. Various types of room are available including single rooms, a few double rooms, and some suites. In the single rooms, partners can sleep on a folding bed. All rooms have en suite bathroom, and some have double beds for mothers who give birth naturally. They have a birth pool as well as the more conventional delivery suites. To receive more information about The Portland Hospital, or to arrange a tour of the hospital, or for a brochure of facilities and prices please call 020 7390 8269. (If you are calling from outside the UK, call 00 44 20 7390 8269). Or visit their website at www.theportlandhospital.com
The Portland hospital is ideally located in central London next to Regent’s park, with easy access by London Underground and buses and within walking distance from Euston train station. Car parking is available at nearby NCP car parks. The Portland Hospital is inside the congestion charge zone.